Thursday, July 28, 2011

To the Doctor We Go

Things have been hectic with us within the past week.  We had our appointment with the Pediatric Cardiologist, and were told by our wonderful doctor, Dr. Videlefsky, that everything looked great with Cain's heart.  He assured us that we had no reason for concern.  Ben and I left the appointment with huge smiles, relieved that the news we had been praying for was confirmed. However, a few days later, our doctor called to say that after reviewing our ultrasound, he wanted me to come back in for a repeat ultrasound.  His main concern was that a few of the images were blurred, and since we are delivering in a smaller hospital this time around, he wants to be as certain as possible that there is no reason for concern. Of course, I started to panic a little during the phone call, but the doctor assured me that this was just precautionary.  I went in that day for the ultrasound, and of course, Cain was back to not cooperating with the ultrasound tech. :)  Finally, she and the doctor were able to get the shots they needed to confirm that all appeared well with Cain's heart. Still, the doctor insisted that I come back in 4 weeks for a follow-up and final visit to do one last evaluation of Cain's heart.  I don't mind because this has to be the best doctor I have ever seen! He so thoughtful, so understanding, and takes his time to explain every detail of what he's doing and what he sees. Ben and I agree, we are blessed to have him working with our unborn child.

Honestly, I feel like everything is okay, and I have for some time. As I said in earlier posts, God has given me a peace about all of this, so no matter, what happens, I know we will be okay. I know Cain is going to be fine, and we have only God to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment