Saturday, September 10, 2011

Understanding the Unknown

September 10, 2011

Well, after a few weeks of thinking everything was okay, we learned on Wednesday that Cain's still isn't out of the woods yet. After discovering that my amniotic fluid was high, almost 40 when is should have been no higher than 20, I was sent back to our specialist for another exam and ultrasound. That visit resulted in me being admitted to the hospital here in Atlanta because, at 27 weeks, I have already dilated several centimeters and was 90% effaced. Not the best news with 13 weeks to go. We opted to do an amnio and some microarray testing to see if we can pinpoint the cause of the problem. Our specialist seems to think that this may be a result of Noonan's Syndrome or Muscular Dystrophy. However, we will not have any results for at least another week.  So we wait.

And so here I am, three days later, sitting in a hospital room, contemplating the upcoming weeks of this pregnancy and how hard it is going to be to be away from my 2 1/2 year old son, Cooper. He's my whole world, my life, and this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do by being away from him.  But I know it's what we have to do to ensure his brother, Cain, arrives, safe and sound. That still doesn't make it easy.  I know God has a reason for us being here, and I know he will see us through it. Still, it hasn't been, and won't be an easy road to travel. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. Your family will be in my prayers!