Sunday, September 11, 2011

Taking Things for Granted

I remember just last week sitting in our master bathroom in our jetted tub thinking how nice it was going to be to sit back and take a nice, long, hot bath. I just knew it would help ease the tension in my back that this pregnancy was causing. However, as I settled into the bath, Coop flew into the bathroom wanting to get in with me. I repeatedly told him no, but he wanted to stay and play in the bathroom where I was. I asked Ben to please take him out so I could have just 5 minutes alone. 5 minutes. That was all I wanted. Time to be alone, to relax, to let everything just simply melt away. I didn't really get that though, and instead of relaxed, I was frustrated. Frustrated that I never had any "me" time. But now, as I sit in this lonely hospital room, I wish I could take it all back.I would gladly welcome my son to sit beside me and run his toy trucks up and down the side of my bathtub. I would love to hear him tell me how fast they can go and what they can do. I would love to see his little hand reach into the water and grab the bubbles just to blow them in my face. 

I never realized until now how much I take things, especially my family, for granted. I do know one thing, when I ever get out of here and have five minutes to myself again, I want to be surrounded by the people I love, no matter how exhausted I am. After all, hearing and having those we love nearby is the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment